Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Office Cafe (Melbourne)

Address: 669 Sydney Rd, Brunswick VIC 3056
Tel:
(03) 9386 9669

I stopped by this beautiful, homely-feel cafe on my way out for a coffee and quick bite. Actually it doesn't look that beautiful, but the food has given me faith!

Coffee is not bad, but these homemade pies were what stopped me in my tracks:

Above: Spicy beef pie - a beautifully ornate puff pastry (even the base!) pie, with flicks of dried chilli & shredded beef in a gravy sauce.

It was spectatcular. I usually eat these things on the go without giving it much thought, but I actually made myself sit down and enjoy this properly - I was in nirvana!

Also comes in Chicken & Rosemary - if I ever go back to Melbourne this is a definite tram stop and I will be buying 2 pies, all for myself.