Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Left Bank Cafe Bar Restaurant

Address: 15 Riverside Road, East Fremantle WA 6158
Tel: (08) 9319 1315

Website: http://www.leftbank.com.au



Above: Steak with hand-cut chips and salad - looks the real deal!

Below: My confession is that I cannot recall what this dish was called - but it was thoroughly enjoyable with a tomato-based sauce that was almost a fusion between Morrocan/Italian and I think the protein in this was proscuitto/bacon wrapped pork/scallops or prawns (can't remember).


Above: Bleeding Hearts with fresh strawberries and raspberry coulis - a standout dessert made of heart-shaped ricotta - great innovation & flavour.

Below: Chocolate mousse - I was too overfed to finish my chocolate mousse - the serving size was perhaps too large and the flavour a bit too liquerish for my liking.


I didn't have much luck with the Perth restaurant scene but my meal at Left Bank was one of the more memorable ones - the menu shows great versatility & innovation, showcasing dishes from several nationalities.

If in Perth, stop by The Left Bank Restaurant for a nice, relaxed meal guaranteed to excite your tastebuds.