Monday, January 17, 2011

Cicerello's (Perth)


Address: Fisherman's Wharf, 44 Mews Road, Fremantle WA 6160
Tel: (08) 9335 1911
Website: http://www.cicerellos.com.au/
Trading Hours: 10.00am to 9.00pm, 7 Days A Week

This was the first recommendation to me by Perth locals - best Fish & Chips in WA is a big claim to fame. It is more renowned as a tourist attraction in Fremantle - a scenic picnic lunch on the desk facing the water, hoping your fish came from this very harbour. Indoors is a large fishtank display - that runs throughout the store, and also through the rest rooms!

Below: Grilled Barramundi with Chips & Salad.


Above: Cicerello's delight - this was really a platter for 2, but I was curious to see what all the fuss was about. Clearly I should have ordered the battered fry-up because this was way too much - octopus (hardly flavoured), grilled Barramundi with flavourless octopus rubbed on it, some mussels which I wish were bigger and more intensely flavoured served with salad and tartare sauce. Very lacklustre - I think it was a Greek-style seafood offering but I can't say I've had any good experiences.

Great to go to as a spectacle and if you're in the area but take my advice and order from the deep fry menu as you are less likely to be disappointed.