Sunday, January 11, 2009

Zenja Cafe

Address: Bakehouse Qtr, Shop 1, 4 George St, North Strathfield NSW 2137
Tel: (02) 9746 9334
Website: www.zenjacafe.com.au

This was an accidental, random find and a real shame it is hidden on such a dead-quiet street.

My friend had a discount voucher in her mum’s “entertainment” booklet, so we decided to go there (You can get 10% off the bill or something).

They mainly serve breakfast, and breakfast was what we had. I ordered the “Poached free-range eggs with bacon on a bed of baby spinach with toasted Turkish & sautéed mushrooms(pictured below). Wow that was something – officially my favourite place to have the equivalent of eggs Benedict. It was just...perfect.

Also pictured is the Smoked Salmon version which I was told was also quite nice.

I wanted a refreshing, fruity drink with watermelon so this was a great booster for me - almost a meal in itself! Texture was in between a frappe (but not too icy) and nectar.

Definitely recommend for a great breakfast, semi-quiet, secluded destination!