Friday, January 4, 2008

Welcome to a new culinary experience - fooodgasm.

This blog was founded purely on the basis of my constant preoccupation with food- more so, with good food. My main motivation to start this blog was when I tried to find a list of decent restaurants for my trip to the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia in September 2007 and found nothing. The other problem with other 'popular' food blogs was people who kept rattling on about their 'partner' or 'boyfriend' or 'life story' with photos to prove - I promise this blog won't be anything like that - if it is, shoot me an email and tell me to start playing in traffic.

The vast majority of these featured restaurants are situated in Sydney, Australia. Occasionally when I feel sick of this hellhole I will bite the bullet and venture out of the region and include insights on my food travels there.

I am a firm believer of "only speak if you have something nice to say or positive to contribute" so there will be no dissing, or bad reviews as such. I truly believe that bad service, and bad food will finally catch up with these bad restaurants, so I'll just let them suffer their comeuppance.

I don't wish to save the world, or offer world peace - but my only hope is that those who stumble across this blog will (if not already) share the love for food.

I will end this annoying introductory blog with this one quote:

"There are 2 types of people in this world: those that eat to live, and those that live to eat."

My plan for world domination is to convert more people into the latter category =D

Sit back, pat your gut, and enjoy!