Monday, December 24, 2012

Sepia Restaurant

Address: Darling Park, 201 Sussex Street Sydney NSW 2000
Tel: (02)9283 1990
Website: http://www.sepiarestaurant.com.au/

So I got dragged into coming into trying this new restaurant, without knowing anything about the menu by my beloved sister who knows more about the world of fine cuisine much better than I. I believe this won the award in 2012 (or end of 2011) for best upcoming restaurant.

It was only later did I find out the genius behind this menu was no other than one of the head chefs who had spent years at Tetsuya's. Sepia is clearly a distinct style - deeper, heavier flavours and focusing more on artistic presentation & more experimental desserts.












The standout was definitely the venison, and desserts - who knew chocolate imitating dirt/twigs/tree bark tasted so good!

The service here is superb - attentive, courteous and not pretentious at all. Meals are well-priced and this is definitely somewhere I would take interstate travellers or overseas guests for a taste of modern Australian cuisine, showcasing our produce and creative spirit.