Monday, December 24, 2012

Hipster Doofi

Hey guys! It has been over a year since I've posted and I'm sorry if you have checked back expecting something entertaining/interesting here.

I have been doing my part for society, stuffing my face where possible and just embracing everything that life has to offer.

This year I learned that a few of my loved ones (and new friends) developed health problems that significantly limited the type of food they could eat - Celiac disease, an allergy to 'toxins' in the air, and a horrible disease where water was being coughed out of the lungs. This is had me thinking, and I became much more appreciative of the things that I could eat - no nut allergies, intolerance to yeast products or seafood (I think).

We all obsess over our weight, but don't for a moment take for granted your health. We only get one body - so look after it, you get out what you put in.

On another note, over the past couple of years, much to my dismay, food blogging has become 'cool' and every 2nd person is suddenly bringing an entourage of DSLR cameras to every known food establishment and sharing with the world their views via a variety of social media which has become more accessible with the growth of smart phone usage.

In light of sparing the world form ANOTHER food blog, I am releasing all my post drafts I never went back to edit, and am cleaning out my drawer of business cards to make sure all the ones worth keeping are listed here with my recollections of what I ate there for the benefit (or detriment) of the general public.

At this time, I will also be relocating from my base in Canberra to the big bad world that it is - Sydney.

The world needs less talk, and more action :)