Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cafe Bellissimo (Coffs Harbour)

Address: Shop 2, 28 Harbour Drive, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
Tel: (02) 6650 9937

I don't know what it is about regional townships but the people are always in a better mood than city folk. Maybe its the weather. Maybe its the lack of population density and less people to annoy. Not sure but I received ridiculously good service here.

Pictured above: Jamaican ginger beer - a blend of pineapple & ginger pieces to give a foamy, fluffy, zingy, coconut-y flavour. To have thought I nearly foregoed the opportunity to try this refreshing beverage! It was a breath of fresh air on a clammy day... (luckily the chatty waiter encouraged me to try it).

I also tried the Chicken Schnitzel which was a winner - served with a mayo which almost resembled a hollandaise sauce - a very Germanic-style serving suggestion (and fitting to accompany the word 'schnitzel').

If you are driving through Coffs Habour and consider yourself a ginger beer obsessive like me, give Cafe Bellissimo a go!