Friday, July 25, 2008

Grill'd (Grilled Healthy Burgers)

Address: 124 Oxford St Bulimba QLD
Telephone: (07) 3399 5522
Website: http://www.grilld.com.au

I first tried this chain while in Melbourne - my friend took me to the Chapel St restaurant and it was fantastic, healthy food and great value.

While in Brisbane I stumbled across an advertisement for this particular new opening, so rushed off there for lunch because it had been awhile! The location and this trendy new burger place is just a part of the cosmopolitan setting that Brisbane is slowly getting in tune with. This scene actually reminds me a lot of Melbourne!


Pictured above: I ordered the Big Queenslander (aka Mighty Melbourne depending where you are) - grilled 100% lean beef, tasty cheese, trim bacon, free range egg, slices of beetroot, salad, relish & herbed mayo. The perfect amalgamation of flavours...

They also make chicken, lamb and veggie burgers.

Must try: Grill'd Hot Chips - thick cut chips with sprinkled with a herb mix

Sadly, they only have stores open in most of QLD and VIC at the moment, and only one in NSW in Newcastle.